Tuesday, December 15, 2015

What a day

Look ma, no quilting.

The day was bound to be a bust - but we knew that it would be.  Our first tell was the end of yesterday (just about 2AM this morning) colliding like a freight train into today.  I'm big on getting sleep - oh, so big - and I am fairly militant about getting my 'zs', too.  As a matter of fact, I am crazy concerned about the boys not taking advantage of the ol' eight-hour rule, preferring to stay up way too late, online, and then sleeping well past 8AM (make that 10AM... 11AM. You get the idea).

But, Brian is out of the house and on his own now, so he's going to have to bear the brunt of his lifestyle choices on his own.  Karl is my major concern now, and I am hoping to help him regain some stability in the coming months.  My efforts will be helped by my moving up to the main floor and taking the bedroom next to his.  From that vantage point I can keep tabs a little better.  I'll let you know how that works.

The space I am vacating will become MORE SEWING territory - and who can't use more sewing/quilting room?

No.
Seriously.
Is there someone who would turn that prospect down?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Holy smokes, did I ever sidetrack this train of thought!  The whole point of this post was to say the day was filled to the brim with Karl-based activities, and that we've survived.  We have no answers to any of our questions.  But we survived - and on a minimum of snoozing hours to boot.
What sort of grade will he get on his final paper for the semester?
Will he be accepted into the MORC program?
Will I fall asleep before 9PM? (most likely)

The answers to those questions will simply have to wait until they present themselves.  For now, I believe I will head into the empty room and sand a little, maybe spackle a tad more, then dust off and plop into a soft chair and nod off.  There is no chance I will be doing any sort of quilty activity tonight; I am plum tuckered out.  But tomorrow has lovely possibilities, since it's the first day of freedom for both Karl and myself.  No shackles, no real big chores, just endless hours of possibilities.  What a day that'll be.

What did you get up to today?


No comments: