Friday, December 4, 2015

Sunrise brings us to: Day 4

Well, ^ that could get old very quickly, but for the moment it gives me a chuckle.

Performing my routine things in a bit of a different order today.  No rhyme or reason for it, I just am.

Went to bed last night having sorted through a little bit of the mountainous mess on my sewing table.  Happily, I managed to locate a lot of usable (and timely) colors.  Even happier to say G6 is over fifty percent there.  But this morning, I looked at the table where I slave over my master, and I saw a huge problem.  The fix is not as simple as I would have myself believe.

Why is it that creating the mess is always so much easier than putting it away?  Okay, maybe not "easier" so much as more fun.  Hmmm...and maybe not "more fun" so much as a transparent component of making a quilt (or anything, really).  It's mindless...except for the thinking part, and fairly spontaneous...except for the whole specific planning and need of a certain specific color thing.  Huh.

See, and I don't even mind the cleaning.  It's cathartic in a way; a grand accomplishment; freeing.  I only mind the time it steals away from the activity of searching for more pieces, and compiling more of the next 100-piece block.  I've tried (in vain) to remain orderly about the whole thing - several times over the course of finding, cutting, and placing 7,300+ inches I have attempted a process of orderliness.  Really!  I have.  But you'd never know it to look at the table at any given moment.

Okay, the table...and the back and arms of two chairs (and the seat of one)...a rolling book cart...and a large Rubbermaid container filled with all of the identified materials that may (or may not) work when their time comes).  I don't need an intervention, I simply need more workspace.  Scout's honor.

Alright, this is me heading back to the sewing hole to clean up the TABLE a bit more...before becoming distracted by forty-five (or so) missing inches.  Yeah, good luck with that.  I wish I felt as compelled to clean in the evening hours only, when the daylight wasn't so empowering.  What a waste.


No comments: