Tuesday, December 8, 2015

G6 still vexes

A day without quiltmaking (or quilting...or chocolate) is like a day without sunshine.

Anyone old enough to remember an old Florida orange growers television ad with Anita Bryant spouting: "A day without orange juice is like a day without sunshine" will be smiling just a teensy bit at the recollection.  That little tagline has morphed over the decades; having been rewritten and bumbled with by folks who think they've been so terribly clever and original, they feel compelled to take credit for the whole premise.  Shame on those unoriginal, plagiaristic knock-off artists.

Without question, it was best put to use by Steve Martin - in my humble opinion.  "A day without sunshine is like, you know, night."  Even Robert Mondavi tried (with a limp shellacking) when attempting to give the domestic wine industry a shot in the arm - "A meal without wine is like a day without sunshine."

Yeah, I dunno about that, wine dude, but I can attest to the whole sunshine-less thing for this quilter. And I apologize most sincerely to all those quilters in Michigan for having such a grey day.  In fact, I totally feel responsible for the funk we find ourselves in over these past couple of days.  The remedy will land on our 'doorstep' come Thursday, and improve dramatically for Friday - I promise.

Until then, here is a little bookmark of sadness; this is where I have been stuck since Sunday night.  I can't wait to get my hands back into my piles of flesh tones.  At this rate, my high-minded goal to get to RowH will not happen on time.  Bummer, man.

Vexed, perplexed, but not Tex-Mex'd.  Here's hoping your goals are being met.


No comments: