Sunday, August 9, 2015

Know when to say "when" [yawn]

Went to bed last night, bleary-eyed and disappointed.  Disappointed with being SO close to having F1 (first block) completely laid out and ready to stitch together this morning, but still missing three pieces.

That's right.  I went to bed with three pieces missing.

Rather than forge ahead and choose 'whatever' I could find that would have been 'close enough', I decided to wait until the morning light and sort through additional fabric I could pull from the VG stash I assembled back in April - two years ago.  And I am so glad I did.

I will not sort any further through the stash, looking for - and replacing - a dozen pieces or more (which I could probably do standing on my head).  I will not waste the time.  Instead, I will clean out the cat box, clean up Beana's morning throw-up, then sit down at the machine and whip this fresh pair of one-hundred pieces together before heading off to work.  I will enjoy the fact that RowF is legitimately underway, and that I have a small start at F2 already on a layout board.  Whee!!!

Oh!  I will post a photo tonight (I'm so happy).  Will do so before leaving the house, if I give myself the time.



No comments: