Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Quilting, quilting, quilting

More like "piecing, piecing, piecing," but there is some progress. So, it's all good.

I have a goodly number of the exterior border together - albeit in various stages. Last night I ended my time at the machine with a dozen or so of the pieced blocks constructed and ironed (and they look good). Then I cut the remaining strips necessary for the additional pink triangles, and the last of the sashing borders, too.

I have yet to cut the backing pieces to size, but that will wait until I have the top completely constructed so there are no mistakes made (like cutting it too small for the new larger size).

My plan for the rest of this afternoon is to completely assemble the remaining triangle four squares, and perhaps begin and finish assembling the mid-tone blocks as well. Daylight is necessary for perfectly piecing the dark browns - the seams are tough to see without the sunlight (and my current lighting/work conditions lack proper lighting for doing perfect anything after the sun goes down).

There are roughly a dozen blocks worth of initial piecing to do before I can iron everything and move on to the second sequence, so I am going to say "so long" for the day. Perhaps tomorrow will find the top pieced and me ready for the insane portion of marking the top! (NO, I still am not clear on how I plan to quilt it -- argh!)

See you tomorrow!

No comments: