Friday, January 1, 2016

Pfft! Just like that

It's late - later than I would like it to be.  [groan]
I need to start lacing Karl's last drink of the evening (milk, water, pineapple-OJ, whatever) with an allergy tablet; he is beginning to stay up way too late for my liking, any more.  And then, I will need to force him up and out of bed earlier in the mornings - even after staying up too late.  He needs to be in a better (read: "earlier and more realistic") modus operandi.  This will help me get back to a more proper routine... especially now that things will be changing here in a short while.

Is that cruel?  I dunno - maybe - but I don't give a tinker's darn right now.  [yawn]  It's far too late in the day to just be getting around.  [groan, yawn, rub eyes]

The day has begun in a very surreal, Christmas-y sort of way.  A proper snow is falling; soft, fairly good-sized flakes, drifting downward in every which direction.  Just as it should have been six days ago!  Hey, what can I say?  Everybody loves a white Christmas.  Thankfully we have enough provisions in the house to make getting out and about unnecessary for the time being, so 'housebound' works for me.

The 31 Day Blog Writing Challenge ended yesterday, at midnight, and I feel as though I held up my end of the bargain.  Perhaps I wrote a bit more frequently (daily as opposed to four or five times per week), but I found I needed to do more in order to have something to write about.  Still, there are only so many hours in a day, and wanting to do things - then, needing to get things done in order to have something to write about - well, it took some of the fun out of it.  That created a little bit of a guilt cycle, I confess.

If you found me, my work, my words via the blog challenge site, and you stuck with me for the December ride, I thank you.  If you feel there may be some merit in checking in from time to time throughout this new year, well, then... GROOVY!  Love to have you stick around and see what happens next at the end of my needles - handwork or machine-wise.  If you've tip-toed over to www.bethsmadasahatter.blogspot.com you will know that that blog is purely for crazy quilting, and this particular page is for all other quilting endeavors.

Anyhow, as I began to say at the top of the page: 'just like that' everything is ended and a new year means new possibilities.  I don't subscribe to that, so I suppose it's why you will never hear a resolution out of me.  I don't make lists of how I intend to change or do better at one thing and another for the new year.  I believe if you really want to change, improve, drop bad habits, etc., you don't have to wait for January 1st.  I believe you can make alterations at any time it suits your need and go from there.  Why limit yourself?  Why hold yourself back from breaking through when you find a change would be for the better?  What's so bloody magical about January 1?

Pssst... I can tell you for a fact that there's nothing special about the first of this month.  Nothing.

There, now don't you feel a little freer?  Doesn't that knowledge empower you?  Are you too afraid to act on your own schedule and go at your own pace?   Please don't be trepidacious; you are stronger than you know.  We all are!

Oh, would you look at that.  The snow has stopped, so I guess that's my cue to head outside and shovel off the driveway  [pfft]... or not.  I prefer to think of it as my sign to stop drifting through what's left of this morning and sit down with some material and have a bit of recreational fun.  Hey, it's either that or dishes.

Enjoy your day new year, and tell me what's under your needle - or on your agenda.  I'd like to hear from you.  Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: