Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Breathing room today

Yesterday was a whirlwind of activity, and only a fraction of it spent at home.  Needless to say NOTHING of any import was accomplished yesterday.  LOL  At least, nothing of quilting importance.

The day was spent filling out employment papers, and obtaining a security badge, and at a physical, and getting immunizations, etc.  It was a full day of affairs, and I did it on very little sleep, so when I finally got home boy!...did my tired brain fall out my ears.

Once I removed my shoes, I felt the strongest urge to nap.  There was no fighting it.
Hobbes joined me, and we spent roughly three hours curled up and really sleeping.  Holy cats!  Karl insisted I would have a hard time falling asleep later on at bedtime, but I didn't.  I was drained - must have been.  That's the only thing that can explain it.

When I woke from the nap my muse was staring at me through the darkness - silently happy for me (I could tell), but longing to be worked on.  I apologized most sincerely and promised to spend at least three hours of good daylight on our mission the following day.

And so here we are.  Brilliant sunshine; I am wide awake; and there are still clothing pieces to be made... but I need to work on my postage stamp love for just a little while.  Oh, and shoes.  I still need to find a comfy pair of loafers for work.

Here's my promise to you stalwart viewers - whomever you are:
There will be a progress photo in the next couple of days.

In the meantime, what're you working on?


No comments: