Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Michigan Fine Arts Competition is a shame

Sad but true.

The BBAC has decided that quilts are just that....quilts. 'There's no merit for including them in art shows or competitions because they're quilts.'

"You have quilt shows to enter quilts into. This is an art show and competition. It's that simple."

So, rather than explain in their prospectus that certain fiber arts are not to be allowed entry into their juried show (i.e: quilts), they happily (blindly) allow you to submit your entry with payment and then reject the entry without an explanation.

Pardon the rudeness, but the MFAC (and I am not meaning "MI Fine" here) is a miscarriage of artistic expression and a sham of a competition. Narrow minded and bereft of soul and content.

I know this sounds like sour grapes, but I am disappointed and I needed to vent. Thanks for listening.

At least, that's the conversation in my head, at the moment.

No comments: