As I was (thankfully) working from mid- to late-November and on through most of December, I haven't quilt blogged in some time, so...HELLO!
My plans to put together a project for the JAF contest - and win - fell by the wayside in short order after the 18th of November. My small-scale, large-content miniature is still perched where I left it (over a month ago) on the top of the one cabinet which is 2/3rds assembled (for the kitchen remod...which is also not finished).
The little quilt is in the same condition as it was with the last photo I posted, so I am giving myself permission to put an hour or two each day towards construction, no matter what...that is, until I land another job (of any sort). In doing so I am hoping to keep from adding to my already overburdened "must finish some day" pile (we all have one, don't we?), because you know that it would be so easy to bag up the cut squares and material selections and simply move on to a new project.
Anyhow, I added several more prints and solids to the stash for this project (from the stash on the wall) - now that it is no longer necessary to use only materials purchased at JAF - so it is making the whole quilt less limited in color selection! I can now make this quilt the way I had wanted to in the beginning, except for one major difference. I originally wanted the finished size of each square to be 1" each, but because of time and scope of available materials, I cut the finished square to 1/2"!!! Yikes!
Now, the only downside is that the piecing will drive me insane! Completely insane.
Drop in and take a peek over my shoulder from time to time throughout the rest of January, and see how this little monster becomes a little beauty. I hope to post a picture of the progress soon!
I have challenged myself.