Saturday, March 26, 2016

Ouch and boo-hoo

Woke up early this morning, stiff-necked and nearly immobile.  What the heck!?!

In the past, when I've awakened a little stiff on one side or the other, I could always massage my neck or shoulder area, and slowly work out the kink and stiffness in a matter of a few minutes to half an hour of rising.  Today...not so much.  This doesn't happen often, either.  I would say less than four times in a year.  M-a-y-be.

Once I got to the top of the stairs, I immediately took four (200mg) ibuprofen tablets, and continued to work on my range of motion and overall movement.  But here we are - three hours later - and I feel as though my neck is spasming now, nearly locking my body into some very awkward (and painful) positions at times.  I am still continuing to work at slowly increasing my range of motion to the right, and down....and up (in some instances).

This is making any quilting activity painful and undoable.

Poop!

No comments: