Friday, May 17, 2013

Holy Moses!

Row A (or, row number one) is officially complete and hanging off to the side; and as excited (and eager) as I am to begin laying out and sewing together Row B, I see that I absolutely need to cut piles of new colors to add to the working palette before I can get started.

Yes....I must

AB-solutely must!  Can't lay out the first square (or the second, for that matter) of the second row unless I add color to the color selection.  Without a wider variety of creamy peaches, pinkish tans, greyed-up flesh tones and taupes, I am going to end up wasting more time trying to find things than actually assembling - as I did on the first row.

I've learned my lesson!

Besides - despite the fact that I just spent a good deal of time sorting and straightening and neat'n-ing up the joint just to find the ironing board surface, I still need to bring some necessary order to the remaining chaos once again.  If I do it every so often with this project, I find I am better able to maintain a little bit of calm in laying out multiple 100-piece blocks.  And, it's always faster (and more fun) to have as many of the color pieces cut and at the ready instead of searching out the right little something-something just to make a few inches of progress.

Who knows, it may make my daylight hours more productive overall.  I'll let you know in a day or two.  Oh, and I'll add a few photos next time to show you what else I've been up to.

No comments: