Friday, January 18, 2013

Let the quilting begin!

Yes, indeedy, the basting is done and I think I have a handle on how I will be quilting Black Widow I, so let the fun begin!

I was falling asleep last night as I rolled the excess backing to the front and basted it down (to protect the raw edge during the quilting process), but managed to get that task accomplished before turning in for the night.  I think that little nugget alone allowed me a great night's sleep.  Go figure.

The back looks primitive, childlike, and perfect, and used up more of the scraps made while assembling the top, and I think the mend to the center batik will hold - especially after the quilting is completed.  Since this is meant to be a (contemporary) wall hanging, more so than a utilitarian quilt, it shouldn't get much 'use', and so should survive a good long while.

What are you working on?

No comments: