Thursday, January 10, 2013

Guess what!

The table has arrived!!

That's right.  I went shopping in my own home and decided the old dinner table - a lovely oak trestle table I've been sewing (instead of serving dinner) on, lo these many years - is the new designated "quilting table." 

As the sun threatened to set on a beautiful opportunity, I guilted the boys into walking the heavy table out the front door, around the house, and down the hill to the back door, where they deftly (but pissed-off-ed-ly) squeaked the weighty item through the door and into the lower level.

After a few minutes wait - while the feeling returned to their fingers (and their humors returned to a normal level) - they walked the table a few last feet into it's new work space....and it looks WONDERFUL!

Thank you to my strapping, thoughtful lads!

Tonight I will locate the felt pads I wanted to affix to the feet of the table (and clean up the last bit of futzy stuff in the way on the floor), but tomorrow I will pull up a chair, position the table in the room exactly where I want it, replace my Bernina to it's rightful spot, and become accustomed to sewing once again in my original locale.

[I'd like to insert a photo here, but the BLOGGER TOOL is AGAIN, BROKEN!]

I can't tell you how many times I have imagined this whole area looking just this way.  It's been a long time coming, but now I am tickled pink and extremely happy!  Just look how beautifully the table and floor match; and the relocated (and restocked) stash wall is a perfect view!  Of course, when I imagine the space, I sort of pictured it painted and with floor trim.  BUT, I will take what I can get for the moment. 

One step at a time.

No comments: