Sunday, October 24, 2010

"Indigo"

That was the word I was looking for the other day, and couldn't remember it to save my life.

Don't you hate when that happens? Cripes.

I was hunting for an appropriate thread to use on the border top stitching (to create texture and depth, and another to decorate in high contrast with), and for the construction, and it needed to look ok with the material I had chosen on a previous trip (as well as for use on a suit I want to make, with gorgeous material I already have).

Couldn't think of the word for the dark blue color. Nothing past 'navy' or 'midnight' could roll off my brain and make it out of my mouth...although I knew it was a word to describe "a color that was a thing; that stuff for a...you know, a writing thing. And, um, pants." Ugh!

Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, INDIGO, violet. Hello-o-o-o-o!!! However, despite my mental stutter, I managed to locate the spools of thread to fill in my gaps (including that darned indigo), and I think I am set to hunker down and create the top without any headaches, hiccups or hindrances.

Beyond that, at any rate, it's been a lost few days on the project: not enough progress made on the JAF quilt, but I am making some progress.

Attended a crazy sale to get threads and hopefully make a great find on a clearance material, mostly so I wouldn't spend too much more than I already have trying to stay within the parameters of the rules a-n-d balance on the bubble of a very strict budget.

No such luck, though, so I will have to try again in a month or so, when I am ready to actually sandwich the quilt and begin the quilting.

No comments: