Sunday, February 1, 2015

[sigh]

Managed to finish laying out the last quarter panel for the final Dresden, and have only the blue corners to decide on and baste in place!  (you can't see it, but I am doing cartwheels and handstands)  Those are not critical mass sorts of issues, though - the blue corners, not the handstands - so I am taking a little mental holiday from that end of it.

Yes, it still needs doing, as does some basting and over-edge stitching to keep everything delicate from fraying during the embroidery work, but I am reveling in the short term accomplishments.  I'm also taking my time sorting through the scraps from the build phase of this top, and thinking I may have the opportunity to add some of them into the border - although I am still deciding if there will even be a border.

Ah, indecisiveness.

I feel liberated - to a point.  There's still a LOT of stitching to get moving on, but the feather is coming along (what a huge lesson it's been).  I can now freely begin to apply colors anywhere and everywhere to balance it out and fill it all in.  The real fun is under way!  Soon enough I'll have to add the corners, and I'll let you know when that happens.

What are you doing with your needle and thread?

No comments: