Monday, April 30, 2012

Progress on the XXX quilt

While it is going more slowly than I'd like, there is progress.

I can't wait until classes are over so that I can really work on it, finish it, and move on to another (to the next) project.

I truly think things would be MUCH further along had I not sewn the first two rows together in anticipation and excitement, but I am not ripping anything else apart to reconfigure. I am clever enough to work around my overeager mistake.

Which brings us to Rule #6: Don't be in a hurry. NEVER be in a hurry.

Oh, and let's remind ourselves of Rule #8 as well: Unless you arew orking with a limited color palette, or a simple and repetitive layout of material and/or colors, refrain form sewing the blocks and rows together until you are absolutely certain - and completely satisfied - with the configuration.

I'm no rookie, and I will simply look at it as a challenge to rise above!

High five....chorus of cheers....standing ovation.

No comments: