Saturday, January 14, 2012

Has it been that long - really?

How did you spend Friday the 13th?


Three weeks since I last posted in here, wow! Well, time does fly.

A lot has happened since my last post: Christmas, the new year celebration, another lapsed deadline, the first Friday the 13th of 2012, and I cleaned up and put away all of the unused squares from my project! That was quite exciting.

I have been diligently top stitching the latest quilt, and every time I stop to look at it and admire how well it is turning out and to strategize about the next direction and how not to work my way into a corner, I realize just how. much. more. there. is. to. do! The idea to hyper-accentuate some of the motifs (by re-quilting lines 3, 4, 5 times) was just what was necessary to make sections 'pop', but it also added a good deal of time to the overall bulk of the project that I feel as though I am never going to finish.

The elation of finishing a section and then realizing 'oh my gosh, I have another two-thirds to get through' is sort of a bubble-bursting extreme to say the least.

At any rate, I do feel a little bit of pressure off my shoulders, and I am enjoying the process a little more than I have been, just regret having missed another opportunity to, well...win.

When I think of the fact that I have been working on this quilt since September (with the month of October 'off' due to a Scripty job), I just become crestfallen. I know I shouldn't, but I do. Perhaps if I hire a maid to manage all of the housework which has fallen by the wayside, and find a boyfriend and take a trip to Greece, I might be able to elevate my mood.

Hmmm.....

No comments: