Friday, October 11, 2013

Change of heart - change of mind

Some time ago (as far back as June), I decided I would put away "VS" and get to work on something more immediate and quicker to finish. However, in all of the time that's passed since I loaded up and packed it all away, I have found myself pining for it.

YES, you can pine for a quilt project!

I pass the large box, packed to the brim with bits and pieces: thousands of already cut one-inch squares; two complete rows configured and beautifully pieced; piles of my stash ready to go under the ruler and rotary blade....I see that box and my heart sinks. I have lost all momentum, and as much as I know I will look at other projects as I get back to work on "VS", I can't help but be excited at the prospect of pulling him out of his box and getting back to work on such a large-scale, all-consuming task.

Oh, baby, I had better get to work. As much as I will need to piece together (after I manage to lay them out), I still have thousands upon THOUSANDS of pieces to cut.

More later. What are you working on?

No comments: