Saturday, June 8, 2013

Success and submission

I have succeeded in 'murdering' another spool of thread.  Always a fun lil' extra boost to my psyche when I can throw another spent spool onto the "been there, done that" pile.  I couldn't tell you why exactly, but just know that this little milestone gives me a cheap thrill.

Currently busy putting together the last of those little 100-piece squares.  Yes, the last one............for a while.    No!  I haven't finished the thing!  Heavens!!  To accomplish that over the last three weeks or so would have meant never having slept, eaten, showered, gotten Karl back-n-forth to class, etc, etc.  :^O

No, over the last few days I've applied logic and reason to the situation - and my heart lost out.  Here's where I submit to what I know to be the smart thing to do.  It's taken me a long time to come to terms with cleaning off the table top to make room for finishing up a few things before proceeding any further with this large (time-consuming) quilt. 

Spent the better part of this morning putting away all of the cut 1x1s, and folding up any and all necessary fat quarters, cut yardage, scraps, etc. I am employing for this project.  It's killing me, but it is the right thing to do 'momentarily.'

[sniff]

So, when I can get back to work on VS I will find I have only 15,068 pieces to go!  Just think, after only one more square I will have gotten the overall number down into the 14-thousands!!

Talk about your success stories.  I think this little bit of submission will go a long way.  ;) 

How about you; what are you working on and how is it coming along?

No comments: