Monday, November 12, 2012

What have I been up to?

Well........now I have a heap 'o' ironing to accomplish before I can get to cutting the strips of blacks I have decided to incorporate into the new Spider String Quilt.

WHA????? (ala Craig Ferguson)

"NEW"???
I know, I know. I thought I wasn't going to begin anything new until I had knocked off a few more unfinished objects from the considerable list, either - but...here it is.

I had fooled myself into believing I could have this phantom project in my periphery, giving it a little attention "here and there"; pulling it out once in a while, as time permitted and fabric scraps dictated. [sigh]

Ah well.
At any rate, I now have a lot of ironing to do, as a good deal of yesterday was spent scouring my stash for appropriate black material and then rinsing it out to be sure of their colorfastness ( - put a few more patches and squares together, too). I am determined to purchase nothing new for this project. 

Well, OK. 

I can see where maybe that's sort of unrealistic.  There will be a need for backing material when the time comes, but I am not there, yet, so there's time.  LOTS of time.

So tell me, what have YOU been up to?

No comments: