Friday, August 26, 2011

Color pickle alert

Oh boy.


I am now knee-deep into cutting pieces for the challenge quilt, about one third of the way through it, with the selection of blues, greens, violets and yellows still ahead of me to dig in to. And I have realized for the sixth time (an estimated figure) that my collection of usable material for the red-to-violet portion of this particular challenge is about as thin as Donald Trump's comb over.

Thinner, maybe.

Sadly, because the rules state quite clearly that all products used in one's entry must come from a specific place, I am in a color pickle. I have been to several stores, hunting for my elusive quarry (remaining within the contest specifics), and have had very little success...but I am not giving up!

I suppose I will simply leave that section to last, and hope to come across something (or, several "somethings") that will work for my purposes (in small quantities) over a short period of time.

This is one of those moments when I wish I liked pickles - even a little bit. Blech!

No comments: